How do I pair Bluetooth devices with my Audi A3, TT, or R8?
As Audi refreshes their model lineup and our customers move into newer cars, it is very common for our Audi Brand Specialists and Audi Service Advisors to get the question “How do I pair Bluetooth devices with my Audi?” With the current and forthcoming updated Audi models, there is an updated process for pairing your Bluetooth devices.
In the short video below Audi Brand Specialist Troy Hagestad outlines the steps to pair a Bluetooth device to the new Audi A3, TT and R8 models. Below that is a list of the steps laid out in the video.
Video: Bluetooth Technology Pairing for the Audi A3, Audi TT and Audi R8
Step by step instructions to pair a Bluetooth device with your Audi A3, TT, or R8
- Switch on the ignition to “Accessories” mode with the parking brake engaged and turn on radio\MMI Audi navigation system.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Select “TEL” on the console.
- Select “cell phone” and press the center black button on the console.
- Enable the pairing or scan function on your phone.
- Select “find new devices” by pressing the center black button on the console.
- Select “continue” by pressing the center black button on the console.
- Your phone name will appear on the MMI screen, select by pressing the center black button on the console. (AudiMMI_1234, last 4 digits of your VIN, will display on your phone).
- On the MMI screen the 6 digit PIN message will display, ensure the PIN on the screen matches the 6 digit PIN on your phone, select “yes” on the MMI screen and then “OK” on your phone.
- Establishing connection will begin, an icon with a phone and car will display on the MMI screen and pairing is complete.
- A message will display on your phone to import contacts, select the box, “do not ask again” and select allow. Importing of your contacts will begin. Depending on the number of your contacts, this can take several minutes to import.
- Your cell phone and contacts are now enabled for Bluetooth access.
If you follow these steps and are still having problems pairing your device, be sure to get in touch with your Audi Brand Specialist for additional help – (833) 825-5423.
Did you find this article helpful? Did we miss anything? If you have questions or comments, just click the button below. We are here to help!
Questions or Comments >>
This article was written by Jason Noffsinger, Marketing Communications Specialist at Prestige Imports. Learn more about Jason on his Google+ page.