Your Guide to Porsche and Audi Wheel Alignment Services
Wheel Alignment Background Information
Wheel alignment, also known as tire alignment, helps your tires perform properly and last longer. The service is an adjustment of the vehicle’s suspension, not simply an adjustment of the tires or wheels. During an alignment, the technician will adjust the angles of the tires, which affects how they make contact with the road. The result will be a smooth, safe ride with improved handling.
When a technician checks your wheel alignment, he or she is mainly concerned with three things:
- Camber: The angle of the tire when viewed from the front of the vehicle
- Toe: The degree that your tires turn inward or outward when viewed from above
- Caster: This is the angle of your steering axis when viewed from the side of your vehicle
Certain models also have a raised toe requiring additional adjustments.
Wheel Alignment Service Intervals and Warning Signs
Service professionals recommended a Porsche or Audi Wheel Alignment Service for your vehicle every year or whenever you replace your tires. However, if you experience any of the following issues, we recommend an appointment to check your alignment:
- Uneven tread wear
- Vehicle pulls to the left or the right
- Your steering wheel is off center when driving straight
- Steering wheel vibration
Misalignment leads to the following tire issues:
- Feathering: Tread is smooth on one side and sharp on another
- Camber Wear: Either the inside or outside tread is more worn than the center tread
Prestige Imports Wheel Alignment Service Package
Prestige Imports uses Hunter alignment machines for our Porsche and Audi Wheel Alignment Service package. Service technicians place targets on each wheel from which sensors take measurements. A computer, then, compares these measurements to those in our database, which contains specifications and limits set by manufacturers. If current measurements are out of specification, the computer provides a real-time reading in order to adjust it to the correct measurement. Our service includes:
- Inspection of suspension and steering systems, including air pressure and tire condition
- Vehicle is placed on the alignment rack, where sensors are mounted and compensated
- Print initial wheel alignment readings
- Camber, caster, and toe angles are adjusted according to Porsche and Audi specifications
- Print final wheel alignment readings
- Test drive the vehicle
- Depending on test drive the vehicle could be placed back on the alignment rack
Our combination of machine and test drive alignments requires that we keep your vehicle a full day for the alignment service. We offer alternative transportation options for your convenience. Generally, this service is only offered Monday – Friday.
Porsche and Audi Wheel Alignment Pricing
Alignments are $200.00 for most Audi vehicles.
Alignments are $250.00 for Q7, R8, and Porsche vehicles.